Friday, July 29, 2011

Supermarket Dance Off

Alison and I went to get groceries and in the middle of the cheese aisle she had to go to the bathroom.  So we rush to the front of the store and on the way there Alison is in front of me and she's moving her arms around in front of her, then she puts them on her hips and shakes her booty. 

And I was, like, "Alison, are you doing the Macarana right now?"

"Yes! How did you know?  You know the Macarana too?"

You mean that ridiculous song from the 90's that made an appearance at every high school dance I went to and was then forced by peer pressure to get on the floor do the same simple moves over and over again?  Yeah, I think I've heard of it. 

Then we get to the bathroom and she rushes in ahead of me because I have to put the cart in the right spot so old people don't trip over it and I get my purse and her barbie and horse toys she just had to bring into the store and I take them in with me so they won't get stolen.  Then I get in the stall next to Alison.

"Mom?"  She asks.

"Yes Alison?"

"I'm doing the Macarana right now!"

What else could I do?  I joined her in doing the Macarana and hummed the annoying song that goes with it and now it's stuck in my brain for the rest of the day.

No comments: